"We save two ways using DNA Evolution with LTO LTFS–by reducing manpower and hard costs...We save a substantial amount every month, starting from the time we incorporated the system into our facility. DNA Evolution is one of the most efficient and cost-effective solutions I’ve ever worked with."
– Will Pisnieski, Vice President of Post Production, Authentic Entertainment
DNA Evolution: Overview
- Revolutionary New Architecture
- Breakthrough Performance
- Any Archive Workflow for any Media Pipeline
- Save with Nearline Workflows from LTO
- Long-term Data Integrity
- Open Data, Open Metadata
- Built-in mini-Media Asset Manager with Smart Browse
- Share and Exchange
- Unlimited Scalability
DNA Evolution is a ground-breaking new media storage architecture that combines nearline and archive storage on LTO tape enabling substantial storage costs savings. It’s built on Linear Tape Open (LTO) and Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technologies and designed from the ground up specifically for media environments.
Innovative performance enhancing LTO LTFS technologies result in the fastest archive and restore speeds to help you save time and costs.
Custom-tuned Media Movers: Built-in software designed for moving large media files avoids slow Finder®, Windows Explorer® copies
Direct Connect Deployment: Designed to connect directly to your SAN and NAS and avoids slow network transfers and maximizes high bandwidthXSIO: Archive Engine Accelerator: Powers the fastest LTO LTFS media archive technology on the market to help you keep primary storage costs in check–keep more content on LTO and quickly retrieve content when needed
- Shared storage accelerator: Ground-breaking SAN/NAS accelerator designed to dramatically increase archive and restore speeds using high performance shared storage
- Multi-drive performance: The new RAID for LTO allows a dataset to be archived and restored using multiple drives enabling multi-drive throughput
DNA Evolution offers the most number of ways to archive and restore, fitting into any pipeline.
Most Archive Workflows: Drag ‘n’ drop, camera masters, watch folder, AAF/XML/EDL, third-party (CatDV, Avid® Interplay®)
Save with Nearline Workflows from LTO
New levels of cost savings and efficiencies are enabled with workflows directly from LTO tape media.
Smart Access LTO: You have direct access to files on LTO tape enabling third-party applications access to media directly on LTO, such as transcoding, partial restore, and playout
Conform from LTO: Only solution capable of conforming media directly from LTO tape media
Long-term Data Integrity
Your data is kept safe and healthy with checksums, nightly verification of your tapes, and timers for annual re-verification
DNA Evolution is the only solution that enables 100% open data and metadata: All content is stored in open LTFS format on LTO tape, and all metadata is extracted and stored in open XML.
Advanced media asset management features are included in every system that enable search across all metadata fields, clip views, and low-resolution previews. Smart Browse maximizes the use of metadata in your pipeline, and accelerates field and post workflows with advanced metadata extraction, indexing, and search engine. (Note: Proxies are created by a third-party transcoder.)
LTFS and open XML allow you to create pipelines with disparate products that work together to create a seamless workflow.
With DNA Evolution, you can easily scale to multiple users, archive managers, Petabyte storage, and billions of entries.
Web-based Central Administration: Scale and manage all aspects of the DNA Evolution LTO LTFS archive and retrieval system via a central web interface
Scale Performance: Add archive managers to scale bandwidth or provide additional archive stations
Scale Storage: Offline LTO tapes or nearline LTO tapes in an automation library enables the creation of Petabyte scale archives
Scale Entries: Rather than using a traditional database, DNA Evolution is built on an open XML structure that is indexed on the fly enabling a much higher record and field count than traditional SQL databases
- Traditional Storage Architecture
- DNA Evolution: Revolutionary New Architecture
- High Performance with Tight Storage Integration
- Archive Workflows for Media Pipelines
- Search, Browse, and Preview
- Restore and Conform from LTO Tape
- Smart Access LTO
- Share and Exchange via Open XML
- Open Data (LTFS) – Open Metadata (XML)
- Web-based Central Administration
- DNA Evolution™ Feature List and System Requirements Download »
- Product Brief: DNA Evolution™ Download »
- Case Studies View »
- DNA Evolution: Products View »
Have a question or want more information? Contact us so we can help.