Digital Camera Masters:
Long-term LTO Archiving
As you acquire increasing amounts of file-based raw media, how do you manage, store, find, retrieve, and access your content? When it comes to storing camera masters, DNA Evolution™ offers phenomenal performance, a great set of tools to help you quickly search and retrieve your assets, and features that will ensure your data is protected and stays healthy long-term.
- User interface tuned for quick camera master archiving
- Ability to deploy in compact Thunderbolt™ packages
- Metadata aware with extraction for P2, XDCAM, ARRIRAW, RED, Canon XF, MOVs, Avid MXF Op Atom and many more
- Quickly search and restore across all metadata fields
- Configurable for Web-based low-resolution previews
- Smart Access LTO enables direct playout, transcode, and partial restore using your favorite applications
- Conform workflows from LTO help you to save significant storage costs
- Substantial metadata and data scalability with a noSQL backend database
- Extreme performance
- Scale to multiple systems and users – all managed from a central web interface
Digital Camera Masters LTO LTFS Workflows:
- Capture Devices: AJA® KI PRO®, cinedeck®, ATOMOS and Blackmagicdesign
- Panasonic® P2, Sony® XDCAM, and Canon®
- ARRI® ALEXA and RED®
- Avid® MXF OP Atom and MOV
- Support for Images and Other File Types
Capture Devices: AJA® KI PRO®, cinedeck®, ATOMOS and Blackmagicdesign
File recording devices are gaining popularity in file-based workflows as they enable rapid turnarounds from acquisition to post, and extend the life of analog cameras. However, managing these new file-based masters for long-term archiving and access during post is a key challenge. DNA Evolution manages the data pipeline from these devices making the overall workflow faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
ARRI® ALEXA and RED®
These pipelines generate a tremendous amount of content; (ProRes 4444, ArriRAW, and RED). DNA Evolution is purpose-built for the quick and reliable on-set backup of this content which is critical to keep the pipeline moving. It can be deployed in software-only mode for space constrained setups, provides tools built for data wranglers, and enables a powerful online-offline workflow where post can conform ProRes files, or raw RED files, using EDLs for VFX, color, and grading.
Panasonic® P2, Sony® XDCAM, and Canon®
As you get more file-based raw media, DNA Evolution provides you with a solution to help you store, protect, and search your master media. DNA Evolution software enables quick and reliable archiving of your P2, XDCAM and Canon assets; enables post production access via AAF and XML, while a Web interface enables you to browse clips, view proxies and metadata.
Avid® MXF OP Atom and MOV
DNA Evolution supports organizations that have chosen editorial-based masters. This includes MXF wrapped Op Atom, MOVs and other formats including MXF wrapped Op 1A files. DNA Evolution can quickly archive these masters to LTO tape, provide Web-based search and low-resolution proxies, and enable quick restores and conforms.
Support for Images and Other File Types
DNA Evolution also supports a host of other file types including images and sound files. New media types will also be added and supported.
Have a question or want more information? Contact us so we can help.Back to Top