“The affordable support, tight integration and performance make this the obvious choice for any
- Mike Halbrook, President, TM Television
- Archive/Restore from Avid Interplay Access or Media Composer
- Web-based Progress Monitoring
- Automated Avid ISIS Space Management
- Web-based Mini-Media Asset Manager for Avid Clip View and Restore
- Tight Avid ISIS Integration
- Cost-effective Web Services Integration
- miniMAM for Non-Interplay Assets, (P2 and XDCAM), and Workflows
Archive and Restore from Within Avid Interplay Access or Avid Media Composer
DNA Evolution integrates into Avid Interplay via Web Services. It provides administrators with an easy setup that allows DNA Evolution to monitor any folder within Interplay for archives and restores. Administrators can setup automated-archiving and media quarantine after archiving and restores via DNA Evolution’s web interface.
Web-based Progress Monitoring
Archive and restores are often lengthy processes. With DNA Evolution, archives and restores can be monitored via a web-based interface that provides up-to-date progress information.
Automated Avid ISIS Space Management
DNA Evolution can automatically move and quarantine files after archiving. This frees up space from the Avid ® ISIS, and allows an admin to perform a final purge after confirming that media has been successfully transferred to tape with the DNA Evolution tape verify feature.
Web-based Mini-Media Asset Manager for Avid Clip View and Restore
In addition to browsing and restoring via Avid Interplay Access, DNA Evolution includes an alternate view of your archived content via a Web-based miniMAM. All media archived via DNA Evolution is browsable as clips with proxies. This allows end users to view Avid media outside of Interplay and to perform restores to standalone edit-bays, if needed.
Tight Avid ISIS Integration
DNA Evolution integrates into Avid ISIS systems over high-speed GigE and 10 GigE connectivity, and can directly connect to LTO hardware over SAS and FC*. DNA Evolution also has advanced ISIS integration including the ability to:
- Browse workspaces as UNC shares, overcoming drive letter limits in Windows®
- Throttle bandwidth and IOPS enabling background operation, and software clients tuned for high performance read/write throughput
Cost-effective Web Services Integration
While other Avid Interplay archive solutions require additional Interplay database and Transfer Manager setups, DNA Evolution integrates using built-in, free Web Services, making it one of the most cost-effective archive solutions for Interplay.
miniMAM for Non-Interplay Assets, (P2 and XDCAM), and Workflows
Interplay is designed for Avid assets and often does not track non-Avid assets, such as P2 and XDCAM, in a user-friendly manner. DNA Evolution archives and displays P2 and XDCAM clips, and can perform advanced online/offline AMA workflows in conjunction with Avid Interplay.
Have a question or want more information? Contact us so we can help.
* Direct-LTO connectivity is currently supported only on Mac®.